Search Here!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Twitter


I did not have a twitter account, but I am so happy that this was a part of our assignment, as I hear about it EVERYWHEREEEEEEEE !!! A couple nights ago, we went to Best Buy, and I noticed that on the door, it said "follow us on twitter". Tonight, I actually opened an account and searched them, and sure enough I saw their info :)

Using Twitter was quite easy. I actually found the design to be very user-friendly.
The following were some of the interesting features of how to post and use Twitter:

- The INVITE phone number feature: It will send an SMS invite to a friend's mobile phone.

- The FOLLOW username: It allows you to start receiving notifications for a specific person on your phone.

-D username + message: It sends a person a private message that goes to their device, and saves in their web archive.

- I also found the specific standard of limiting the messages to 160 characters smart. Because if the purpose is just to provide status, then it totally makes sense to keep a limit! Since status updates are done through text messages at times, this is an absolutely great limit!

No comments:

Post a Comment